- The Ottawa Senators will win the Northeast Division. It's amazing how quickly people can sour on a team that boasts Dany Heatley, Daniel Alfredsson and Jason Spezza.
Honestly, would the Canadiens need a second to trade anyone on their roster for Spezza or Heatley? This year's Ottawa team will not spur the Globe and Mail to compare them to Gretzky's Oilers, but they might just have enough juice to slip past an overrated (if not lovable) Montreal team.
- The Red Wings won't win the Cup.
- Because the Ducks will win the Cup.
- Even though the Ducks will win the Cup, they probably won't win their division.
- The Edmonton Oilers are the sexiest team in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs would be historically bad, but Ron Wilson is just so damn ingenious that they will only be really bad.
- The Devils will continue their "cockroach during nuclear winter" routine and not only make the playoffs, but win the Atlantic division. Even as I wish them death and destruction.
Brian Gionta - Patrik Elias - Zach Parise - Rolston
When you combine them with solid two-way/lesser known guys such as Jay Pandolfo, Jamie Langenbrunner and John Madden you have the making of an annoyingly effective team in front of the possibly immortal Martin Brodeur.
- And if it's not the Devils, it will be the Flyers ... ensuring my misery either way.
- I'm not predicting a regression for the Capitals for one simple reason: their division is a fucking joke. But they signed themselves a glass ceiling when they picked up Jose "Propecia" Theodore.
- Don't go sucking the Chicago Blackhawks' popsicles just yet.
- Pavol Demitra will not play 82 games.
- If the Red Wings kick as much ass in this season as last, Lidstrom should receive a Hart Trophy. As good as Chris Pronger is, it's a crying shame that he has a Hart trophy but Lidstrom doesn't. Justice should be served.
- Don't be shocked if Markus Naslund has a really good year.
- The Vancouver Canucks will make the playoffs and Roberto Luongo will win the Vezina.
- Finally, I have absolutely no clue who will win the Selke. So I'll just say Pavel Datsyuk to be safe.