Saturday, October 11, 2008

Paying the price for Center Ice

At this point, my relationship with Time Warner Cable is about as chilly as Hillary and Bill's during MonicaGate. It's taken three tries and my internet connection has only been upgraded to "on thin ice."

And that "free preview" of NHL Center Ice is but a joke to the evil corporate lackeys at TWC. Still, my biggest concern and question is:

THERE ARE GAMES IN HD, RIGHT? PLEASE FOR GOD SAKES TELL ME SOME GAMES ARE IN HD!?!?!?!!!

Watching those feeds from local stations on my 42" plasma was slightly depressing at first, although I'm getting used to blowing up the crappy picture transmitted through my cable box. This may end up being the truest test of my hockey devotion: do I watch hockey on these piss poor feeds or basketball/football in glorious, unrivaled ESPN HD?

(The answer: hockey, unless it's the Nashville Predators)

Nothing's easy these days.

No comments: