Friday, April 17, 2009

Versus gets its right Thursday night

We LOVE beating up on the cattle-rasslin', MMA-loving, Brian Engblom-employing Versus network but let's give them a little credit: their crazy "in progress" scheme actually worked out really well tonight.

Detroit crushing Columbus ---> Segues nicely to the second half of Chicago/Calgary --->Martin Havlat politely ends the game immediately in OT (third quickest ever)--->Finally, the night ends with the last two periods of the Battle of California.

Versus-o-meter: 1 out of 2

2 comments:

Joe said...

Eh, I still wasn't that happy about it. I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but frankly, I couldn't give less of a damn about the CHI/CAL series. I'd rather just get to see an entire BoC, as Sharks/Ducks games have been some of the better games I've watched during the regular season the last few years, when I get to mooch off someone's Center Ice or whatever.

I guess it was ok, but it really pissed me off that they insist on making me sit through Brian Engblom and Keith Jones for another 10-15 minutes before cutting to the other game, when its already in progress! Earth to Versus, your post-game show isn't that good. Just shut the hell up and show us the next game.

jamestobrien said...

You have a point, Joe. It probably wouldn't have worked out as well if the first period of BoC was a goal scoring medley.

But for Versus? It was pretty good.

It would be nice if we didn't have to make all those qualifying statements but that's just the way it is.