Thursday, April 9, 2009

Riiiiiiight

Sorry, Bruce Boudreau, but Washington is not the "New Hockeytown." In three and a half months of an internship that took me all around the Capitol building, there was not one single mention of Alex Ovechkin. Even when I said "I'm a big hockey fan." Not one. Of course, that was in the fall of '07, before everyone could hop on the bandwagon.

Well, since Hockeytown is taken, let's see what we have in storage. *Dusts off Carolina Hurricanes 2005-06 Flavor of the Month T-shirts*

(Maybe we can re-consider their application when the Capitals fail to sell-out playoff games. Hey-oh!)

6 comments:

jamestobrien said...

That being said, I'm willing to compromise. How about, "Hockeytown, as long as the Redskins aren't on!"

Ho ho ho.

Vance said...

Oh there's the Penguins fan coming out in you.

Mr. Plank said...

I liked the Caps when they were making their run last season.

Now it's gotten to the point where I'm sick of hearing about Ovy. Which is a goddamn shame.

AmyB said...

Some fuckwits on ESPN the other day were talking about how Ovie gets a ton of attention and that's why he should be MVP. I'm pretty sure I had an aneurysm. That's the mark of an attention whore Mr. ESPN Dude. Jesus.

"Maybe we can re-consider their application when the Capitals fail to sell-out playoff games. Hey-oh!" BURN Hahhahahaaha I love it.

jamestobrien said...

@ Plank:

Yeah, the Caps went from being an indie band with promise to the Strokes. For anything you can say about the Strokes at their peak, the over-love and excessive media fellatio made them pretty detestable.

AmyB said...

Next comparison series: Hockey teams and bands?