Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Canucks lower the broom on the Blues

Even Pavel Bure must be impressed.

While I was putting together plans for my trip to witness the Battle of California (plane leaves Wednesday!), the Canucks completed the first sweep in Vancouver's franchise history after beating the St. Louis Blues in overtime.

Our Blues-Canucks correspondents were all over it.

For Sha Sha from Vancity Canuck and The Hockey Bay, we'd love for you to stay aboard for the probable "Vancouver vs. ?" blog. We'd hate to say goodbye to Laura though, so how about this: drop us a line if you'd still be interested in contributing to Cycle like the Sedins' playoff coverage. (jamestobrien@hotmail.com) Even if you want to take a hockey vacation, we'd love to have you back for more Blues stuff next year!

Not sure what the plan is (in person recaps? James in Cali posts? Drunken tearful poetry?) but I'll probably post something about my California trip. It might be a cross-post or I might write weird stuff here. You're just going to have to wait (with baited breath, naturally).

Again, keep your eyes on those side bars for mini-blog activity as well. There's a lot of fun stuff going on in our satellite blogs.

Keep enjoying the playoff hockey, kids.

4 comments:

The Puck Stops Here said...

Its not accurate ot call it the first sweep in Canucks history. It is the first four game sweep, but in 1982 they beat Calgary 3-0 in the first round. It was a best of five series in those days.

Dani said...

Technicalities. I was reveling in the win last night when I typed it, but you are correct, first 7 game sweep in Canucks history (I will have that amended on the satellite page).

AmyB said...

Drunken tearful poetry

I vote for this one. Hockey poetry preferably. Or Haikus!

jamestobrien said...

Oops, that's what I get for posting things all willy nilly (sp?).

Also, real men don't write haikus and they also don't like quiche. If you have a problem with that: I'm sorry.