Friday, June 12, 2009

Congrats James

Ugh. I feel like I've been hit in the gut with a baseball bat.

I don't think I've ever seen the Red Wings just plain be outskated and generally beaten like that. I've seen them get outhit and outmuscled into submission quite a few times, but I don't know that I've seen the Wings just get plain outplayed through the last half of a series like they've been. They couldn't possibly have looked any more sluggish.

That was the first SCF that I've watched the Wings play in (remember, I didn't see the 1995 final, just the Cup awarding) that wasn't against a team that absolutely overmatched. And they blew it. Ugh.

Grats James, I hope you're enjoying it. The Pens certainly earned it.

1 comment:

jamestobrien said...

I'm still pretty stunned that the Penguins won it. More thoughts later.