Monday, October 5, 2009

Kontos is Late to the Standing Party

Since Joe and James have weighed in... now it's my turn. Here are my predictions for the 2009-2010 season.

WEST
1 ) San Jose (PRESIDENTS [ONLY TO LOSE IN FIRST ROUND])
2) Chicago
3) Calgary
4) Detroit
5) Vancouver
6) St. Louis
7) Los Angeles
8) Anaheim
9) Columbus
10) Minnesota
11) Edmonton
12) Dallas
13) Nashville
14) Colorado
15) Phoenix

This picks were made before the season started, so I'm not worried about Colorado winning the Northwest and yes, even after that awful performance against the Coyotes... I still think the Kings will make the playoffs.

STANLEY CUP FINALIST: Cal-gary. (In Barry Melrose voice)

EAST
1) Philadelphia
2) Washington
3) Boston
4) Pittsburgh
5) Montreal
6) New Jersey
7) New York Rangers
8) Carolina
9)Buffalo
10) Toronto
11) Tampa Bay
12) Ottawa
13) New York Islanders
14) Atlanta
15) Florida

The Flyers are going to be a force to reckon with this season and the first two games have shown that. Ovechkin is on pace to score 406 goals, so that means a top spot for the Capitals.

STANLEY CUP FINALIST: Philly.

THE WINNER: Philly.

5 comments:

CLS said...

That Cal-gary line made me laugh at seven a.m. That's quite an accomplishment.

Joe said...

FLA down to 15th? Ouch.

We both picked an ANA/SJ first round again, though. Great minds think alike!

Matt Reitz said...

That was awesome. I closed my eyes, pictured Barry Melrose saying Cal-gary... thanks for that. Phoentic Melrose humor is gold.

I also predicted the Kings to barely make the playoffs (8th seed). It was only one game, but it was a BAD one game. I'm waivering like Brett Favre at a pain pill convention...

But still... I love that you had the stones to put them up to 7th. I WANT to say they'll finish above the Ducks; I'm just not sure I can do it...

Joe said...

I could see the Ducks going almost anywhere, with the right circumstances. In the end, I think they'll struggle for a while, and then right the ship, which puts them somewhere in the 6-10 range.

O'Brien has the BJ's just in the playoffs, and STL just out, but I think that's got to be the other way around, if STL is healthy this year. Remember, last year they had lost McDonald, Johnson, and Kariya, and still made it in. I think O'Brien just has a crush on Hitchcock.

I'm curious why Kontos has the Panthers down to 15, while me and James have them just outside of the playoffs again.

CLS said...

What's wrong with having a crush on Hitchock?