Monday, February 2, 2009

Fighter of the Decade open thread

Here's what I am about to post on the forums of Hockeyfights.com:

"Hello all,This is James O'Brien, contributor to the blogs Battle of California/Cycle like the Sedins.

I'm posting here today regarding a special section on Cycle like the Sedins: the All-Decade team.In this case, my goal is to name the Greatest Pugilist of the '00s. While considering this it came to me that, frankly, I don't have much of a clue. Sure, I could just guess and throw in Laraque but that just doesn't seem interesting or informed.

Which is where I need your help. Please inform me of some good candidates for Fighter of the Decade and why so. A modicum of actual hockey ability never hurts,but ultimately this is about the last guy you'd ever want to meet in a dark alley or after boarding a 100-point player.

Feel free to either respond to this post or leave comments on the blog. Warning: what you say may be held against you in a snarky NHL blog (or immortalized ... yeah, that sounds much better).

-James"


Figured it would be smart to leave this up, both to collect non-hockey fights.com opinions and for them to post here if they prefer.

1 comment:

jamestobrien said...

So far, Donald Brashear is dominating on Hockey Fights.com. Is that the consensus from the masses?