Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Clever, but ...

My current temporary job confines me to a desk all day (hence the more-frequent posting) and there have been a lot of door-to-door type solicitors lately. One guy at least was pretty clever about it: his business card was attached to a crumpled piece of paper. On the right side of the business card rubber-banded to the paper:

"Since most sales info winds up in the trash, we have pre-crumpled ours for your convenience. Just another way [soul-less baby seal clubbing Co.] is 'simply better.'"

Sure, it's still going in the trash but at least there was a little creativity involved.

It does make me think of all those advertisements over the years that made me ROFL but never influenced my spending habits. Sometimes being clever is simply overrated.

No comments: