Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Northeast Division Roundup

Greetings, hockey fans. This is Meaghan from the illustrious (humour me) Ottawa Senators blog known as Sens at Land's End with the first of what should be many whirlwind tours of blogs covering the NHL's Northeast Division.

Without further ado:

Let's begin with one of the teams furthest from my heart, the Montreal Canadiens. Topham over at Habs blog Lions in Winter has thoughtfully taken on the now infamous Allan Walsh-Jaroslav Halak vs. Carey Price Twitter incident in a post puntastically titled "The Price of Being a Twit."

Over in the Barilkosphere, Down Goes Brown claims to have revealed the NHL's top secret flow chart for handing out suspensions. I'm not sure I believe the document posted is authentic, but it seems quite accurate. (This isn't strictly speaking a story about the Leafs, but I imagine a team that truculent will at some point encounter Colin Campbell and his magical wheel of justice.)

With the Sens being the best the most interesting my favourite team in the league, I was able to find a huge amount of fascinating, high quality material about them. It was hard for me to narrow it down to just one story to post here, but in the end I thought The 6th Sens' piece about the potential ripple effects of the Steve Yzerman to Ottawa trade that never happened was the most timely, with Yzerman's well-deserved induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame having taken place on Monday.

Most Bruins blogs appear to be focused on happy things this week. David Krejci has recovered from the dreaded swine flu, and everyone is generally feeling joyful because the Bruins have won their last two games and may finally be getting on track. However, According to Cameron Frye uncovers the darker side of Boston, making the disturbing discovery that Patrice Bergeron may have been replaced by his evil twin.

Finally, the entire Buffalo Sabres blogosphere is evidently too shocked over the fact that Adam Mair was placed on waivers this week to write about much else.

And that's what's what in the Northeast this week. If you have any suggestions for posts I might link to in next week's roundup, shoot me an email at sensatlandsend [at] gmail [dot] com and let me know. I'm sure there are tons of worthy blogs I'm not aware of, and I'd appreciate any tips pointing me in the direction of great material.

No comments: