Saturday, November 7, 2009

Links around the Web, since the league didn't do much for me this week

I am not a baseball fan. Of all the "major" sports, America's ex-pastime is the one I have the most difficulty commenting on. Really, the most pointed analysis I provided in the Yankees' run to the World Series was "C. C. Sabathia reminds me of a brontosaurus when he extends his neck."


Maybe I'm just seeing things.

That being said, I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy about the Yankees' championship victory. It was as if the blond haired evil skiing high school quarterback steals the leggy blonde, but John Cusack is nowhere to be found.

Vance from Bangin Panger brought a great blog post by Joe Posnanski to my attention ... it accurately captures my feelings of unrest. Even Chicago Blackhawks fans should be glad the NHL went with a salary cap after reading a piece like that.

Although ESPN the Magazine is at best the ugly stepchild of Sports Illustrated, they had an offer for a $3/year subscription so I thought, "Why not?"

I'm not sure if you'll be able to read these because they're "Insider" stories (let me know in the comments), but the "Player X" columns have been some of the more interesting/odd pieces I've read in a while.

On a bittersweet note, it'll be pretty shocking if the magazine survives my 3 year, $9 commitment ...

By now you've already seen Ohlund's vicious (but perfectly legal) hit on Phil Kessel, but it's been a slow week in me caring about the hockey blogosphere so let's bask in its barbarism:

Daaaang.

It would be useless - and quite futile - to point out a specific post; instead, I will just implore you (if you're a blogger, a writer, a business person, if you have a pulse) to take a look at Seth Godin's blog. You might feel better about yourself, but you'll probably also feel the need to do a little soul searching.

I know I'm far from being done with that, myself.

***

Did you write something interesting this week? Or maybe you read something that simply should not be allowed to float off into the wild blue irrelevant? E-mail me your links at cyclelikesedins@gmail.com. Please?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe you are just seeing things as you say or I am seeing things hahaha, thanks for the laugh and check out this sports site host pph!