Sunday, January 18, 2009

At least I now know my "mute" button works

For the love of God don't allow this woman within three feet of a microphone

It's no secret that NHL games struggle to find sponsors, so when hockey games feature a bad advertising campaign it's something you're just going to have to deal with. But even so, few commercials reach the decibel level of obnoxious quite as much as the Progressive Insurance commercials.

The worst one involves "a New Year's resolution to save money" in which the annoying female lead goes into an off-key kazoo solo. Since I've been sick this weekend, I will find my recuperative slumber disrupted by this horrific collection of dead animal noises.

Never has the remote's mute button be so useful. This makes the Esurance commercials seem like the Mean Joe Green Coca Cola ads by comparison.

No comments: